Southampton FC Bans Reporters From Talking to Fans Outside Ground: The Daily EPL
There are several major stories breaking in England today including the confirmation that Manchester United have signed Wilfried Zaha, who will return to Crystal Palace on loan for the remainder of the season as well as the news that Newcastle United striker Nile Ranger has been arrested on the suspicion of rape. But, for me, the most interesting story today comes from The Guardian where sources reveal that Southampton Football Club have banned reporters from interviewing fans outside the ground.
Reporters who tried to carry out interviews with supporters outside the ground this past Monday were told they must leave due to “health and safety reasons.”
It’s just another example of how Southampton Football Club are either paranoid or don’t understand how to deal with the media.
Here are today’s Premier League news headlines:
- Southampton FC bans reporters from talking to fans outside ground — The Guardian
- Arsenal won’t be making any ‘miracle’ signings in January transfer window — The Telegraph
- Newcastle United’s Nile Ranger reportedly arrested on suspicion of rape — The Guardian
- Mario Balotelli going nowhere says Roberto Mancini — The Independent
- Wilfried Zaha to join Manchester United in July after deal is agreed — The Guardian
- Sir Alex Ferguson hits out at David de Gea critics – does he mean you, Gary Neville? — The Mail
- Fabricio Coloccini to remain at Newcastle until at least end of season — The Guardian
- Swansea defender Ashley Richards is poised to join Crystal Palace on loan — Sky Sports
- The world’s best footballers visualised as a periodic table — The Guardian
- Potential EPL new boys Cardiff City record £13.5m loss as debt rises to £83m — Wales Online
- Sir Alex Ferguson refuses to respond to Rafael Benítez’s FA claims — The Guardian
- Ashley Young will be available for Real Madrid clash — The Telegraph
- Ten things we are looking forward to in the FA Cup this weekend — The Guardian
The Daily EPL is your morning guide to the latest Premier League news headlines, so you don’t have to spend an hour or more scanning the Internet. We do all the work for you. Read The Daily EPL on EPL Talk every morning to stay on top of all the news that matters.