How Many Days Until Premier League Action Returns?
We wake up this morning to the reality that the 2010 World Cup is over. Four years is a long time to wait until the 2014 World Cup in Brazil. But fortunately there is plenty of soccer in store for us in the coming days to weeks. Specifically:
- Bolton Wanderers begins their U.S. tour against Charlotte in: 2 days
- Manchester United plays Celtic in Toronto: 4 days
- Tottenham Hotspur plays San Jose Earthquakes in: 5 days
- Manchester City plays their first friendly of the summer against Portland Timbers in: 5 days
- Number of days until the Community Shield is played between Chelsea and Man United: 27 days
- 2010-11 Premier League season kicks off in: 33 days
- Number of days until the next World Cup: 1,432
Hats off to the Premier League clubs who were smart enough to predict a healthy appetite in the US for soccer this summer especially after a successful tournament and a great run by the United States men’s national team. With perfect timing, we’ll be able to see four Premier League clubs begin their summer preseason friendlies this week in the United States. And many of the games will be on television. So for those of you who are wondering what to do with your free time now that the World Cup is over, be sure to set your DVR to record the following games featuring Premier League clubs being shown on US television.